Being Online Limited trading as ‘BEING’ (registered number 11554605) (“us”, “our”, “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy covers Being‘s collection, processing and use of personal data when you use any of our websites (each a “Website” and together the “Websites”).
When you supply any personal data to us we have legal obligations towards you in the way we use that data. For ease of reading, we have divided this Policy into several sections:
2. What Personal Data do we collect
3. How and why do we use/share your information
4. For How long do we keep your information
5. Contact Details
It is important that you read this Policy together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notices that we may provide on the Website at or around the time that we collect or process personal data about you (for example, fair processing notices that we may display to you at the time that you sign up to receive e-mail updates from us) so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using that data.
This Policy supplements other notices including our Website Terms and Conditions and our Cookies Policy and is not intended to override or replace them.
By visiting or otherwise using any of the Websites, you are agreeing to the practices set out in this Policy. If, for any reason, you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please stop using this Website.
We reserve the right to revise or amend this Policy at any time to reflect changes to our business or changes in the law. Where these changes are significant we will endeavour to let users of the Websites know. However, it is your responsibility to check this Policy before each use of the Website – for ease of reference the top of this Policy indicates the date on which it was last updated.
Please note that our Website is not directed at children under the age of 13 (each “Child” together “Children”) and we do not knowingly collect personal information about Children. If you believe we have collected personal information about your Child, you may contact us at and request that we cease processing information about your Child.
2. What Personal Data do we collect?
Data we collect from you when you use the Websites
Voluntary Provision of Data
When you voluntarily supply your personal data to us, for example where you; use the Websites to upload or send personal data (by filling out a form, subscribing to a publication or newsletter, taking part in an online survey, posting a comment, entering competitions, or similar activities in which you volunteer data about yourself); contact us by post, telephone, email or SMS; report a problem with a Website; we may collect, store and use the personal data that you disclose to us.
The information we collect from you may include your title, name, address, e-mail address, company, job title, birthday, phone number, financial and credit card information – but will depend on precisely what details you volunteer to us as you interact with the Websites.
Automated Collection of Data
We may also collect information about you when you visit the Websites through the use of technologies such as cookies. The following are examples of information we may collect:
• Information about your device, browser or operating system;
• Your IP address;
• Information about links that you click and pages you view on our Website
• Length of visits to certain pages;
• Subjects you viewed or searched for;
• Page response times;
• Records of download errors and/or broken links;
• Page interaction information (such as details of your scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
• Methods used to browse away from the page; and
We use the data described above for several different reasons. Firstly we use it to ensure that the Websites work properly and that you are able to receive the full benefit of them. Second, we use the data to monitor online traffic and audience participation across the Websites. We undertake both of these activities because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
Third Party Resources
We also use the services of third parties to help us to collect various data about you and the way that you use the Websites in order to enable us to better understand your interests – both so that we can service content to you that we think will be of interest to you, and so that we can ensure that you are shown adverts delivered by third parties which are more likely to be of interest to you.
For details of the cookies that we use on the Websites, what those cookies do, and the privacy policies of the third parties, which provide them (where relevant) please see our Cookies Policy.
3. How and why do we use/share your information
Sharing your information
Depending on how and why you provide us with your personal data we may share it in the following ways:
• We may share your personal information with any member of our company group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
• With selected third parties who we sub-contract to provide various services and.or aspects of the Websites’ functionality, such as where third party plugins provide functionality such as message boards or image hosting services (see “Service Providers” below); and
• With analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this Website as described above.
We will not share your information with third parties in order for that third party to provide direct marketing communications to you, unless it relates to a specific activity which we are undertaking with a third party (e.g. a competition where a third party is providing the prize) and you have provided your consent for that use. Such activity may have its own terms and conditions relating to the way in which your information may be used, which you will be notified of at the relevant time.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following events:
• If we were to sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of that sale;
• If Being or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or if we are asked to provide your details to a lawful authority in order to aid in the investigation of crime or disorder; and/or
Our service providers provide us with a variety of administrative, statistical, and technical services. We will only provide service providers with the minimum amount of personal data they need to fulfil the services we request, and we stipulate that they protect this information and do not use it for any other purpose. We take these relationships seriously and oblige all of our data processors to sign contracts with us that clearly set out their commitment to respecting individual rights, and their commitments to assisting us to help you exercise your rights as a data subject.
Links To Third Party Sites
Where we provide links to third party websites that are not affiliated with the Websites such sites are out of our control and are not covered by this Policy. If you access third party sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you that could be used by them, in accordance with their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
4. For how long do we keep your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as required to provide you with the services you have requested or to perform the purpose for which that data was collected.
5. Contact Details
If you have any queries regarding this Policy, if you wish to exercise any of your rights set out above or if you think that the Policy has not been followed, please contact us at [email protected]