The world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt, has tested positive for coronavirus.
The world record sprinter and eight-time Olympic gold medallist is self-quarantining in his home after testing positive for the deadly virus.
The news comes just a week after Bolt celebrated his 34th birthday with a huge party with no face masks.
Stay Safe my ppl 🙏🏿 pic.twitter.com/ebwJFF5Ka9— Usain St. Leo Bolt (@usainbolt) August 24, 2020
The health ministry of Jamaica confirmed on Monday that Bolt, who holds world records in the 100-metre and 200-metre sprints, had tested positive.
Earlier on he posted a video on social media saying he had been tested and was awaiting the results.
In the video bolt said:
Just to be safe, I quarantined myself and just taking it easy.
He also captioned the video: ‘Stay safe ppl’.
Bolt claims he had no symptoms but took the test to be careful. He described his birthday as the best one ever. Now I’m not sure he would agree.
After hearing the news, most wished Bolt a speedy recovery however many others called him out for ‘careless’ and some even said he was putting other people’s lives at risk.
The only other certainty is that even coronavirus can catch up to the world’s fastest man.