A woman has shared a list of rules her ‘toxic’ ex-boyfriend gave her to follow for a night out.. but in the end HE ended up cheating on her.
Zoe Scholefield posted an incredibly shocking screenshot of her ex’s text. He puts effort into outlining 12 rules she would have to follow on her night out and if she didn’t he wouldn’t be happy.
Her caption read:
‘Funny how my ex sent me stuff like this then has the audacity to cheat on me’.
This is the list:
The list is as follows:
1) Don’t dance like a s**g like in Reflex.
2) Don’t get too drunk.
3) No boys and if anyone comes up to you and talks to you, you tell them you have a boyfriend.
4) Look after your drink at all time to make sure no one puts owt in it.
8) You let me know everything that happens and be ready to explain stories.
9) Always send me photos of front and back of what you are wearing so I can approve and say whether or not I think you should wear it.
10) Even when I’m asleep text me to tell me things so I can see in the morning.
11) If you find the time call me or ft [FaceTime] me, but let me know in advance.
12) If you can, [I] want a video of room before you sleep to prove no one else is there and you are off to sleep.
It’s no surprise that the tweet went viral and people aren’t happy about the way the Ex listed what she could and couldn’t do.
Most commented that anything other than ‘have a good night’ is a red flag, and that ‘control isn’t affection or love’.
Emotional and verbal abuse can have short-term and long-lasting effects that are just as serious as the effects of physical abuse. Emotional and verbal abuse includes insults and attempts to isolate or control you.
Domestic violence bab, you had a lucky escape x
— HH. (@hollyhaless) 9 August 2019
Don’t know who needs to hear this but if your partner lists even one of those things then you should show them the door. Control isn’t affection or love
— Ashley Nivens Aka NegroDamus (@AshleyNivens) 9 August 2019
This is scary behaviour.