Cancer Patient, 25, Passes Away 15 Minutes Before His Beloved Loyal French Bulldog Dies

There are some heartbreaking stories online but this one is definitely up there with the most heart wrenching of them all.

Stuart Hutchison, 25, has spent the last eight years of his life fighting a cancerous tumour on his brain. After exhausting all options such as surgery and chemotherapy, the cancer spread to his bones and he deteriorated.

Stuarts eight year struggle saw him relapse twice, and he was never in remission and sadly died at his home on August 11.

Nero, Stuarts beloved French bulldog who was always by his side, heartbreakingly died just 15 short minutes after his owner passed away.

Fiona Conaghan, Stuarts heartbroken mother, said:

“Stuart died about 1.15pm that day, and Nero died roughly 15 minutes later.

“He had three dogs, but him and Nero were like one man and his dog.

“Nero was the dog which was always with him.”

Fiona, from Alloa, Scotland, explained how Stuarts wife, Danielle, 22, was absolutely devastated by losing both at the same time:

“Danielle was heartbroken to have lost both of them, but she has been so strong.

“We got Stuart home four weeks ago because he wanted to die at home because that’s where he was born.

“We cared for him at home.

“We expected it but it is still tough.

“It is still a shock and traumatic when it finally comes.”

Stuart and Danielle first got together six years ago and got engaged in 2017. They had their own home in Alloa before Stuart spent his final month living with his mum, because he wanted to be at home when he died.

Stuarts mother, Fiona, was a full-time carer for her son, she added:

“Danielle had been staying at ours with Stuart and woke up one morning and realised her glasses were broken.

“Her dad said he would go and get another pair from her and Stuart’s house to save her leaving him as we knew he didn’t have long left.

She continued:

“When he got there he realised the dog had taken unwell and took him to the emergency vets.”

“They said he had ruptured something in his spine but he had been totally fine before that.”

She added:

“He went into hospital to start chemo at the end of 2018 and he was then having scans every three months.”

Fiona added:

“At a scan in March, they said the chemo was working. Him and Danielle went on holiday to Spain in May and he started getting a pain in his hand.”

“He went for a check up and they were convinced there was nothing wrong.”

“But then by June it started to affect his whole arm and that’s when they did a scan and saw the cancer had taken over his whole brain and had spread to his bones and his pelvis.”

“We always knew this was a possibility.”

“Stuart was a strong, loveable character, everyone loved him.”

Such a heartbreaking story.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More